Things are going great. Only six weeks or less until we get to meet our little girl! We are excited, but very very nervous. I think we are both still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Anytime we talk about her, somewhere in our conversation one of us says, "I hope she is healthy".
It is really too bad that we are both so guarded about having kids. Instead of it being a joyous experience for us, we are both riddled with fear and anxiety throughout the whole process. It was a struggle to have our first child, and then to have issues come up after his birth, it really was unexpected. Now however, we are almost expecting something bad to happen, and are having a hard time really believing that everything will be okay.
Unfortunately, it seems that we are still waiting for our "perfect" baby, and many of our future plans hinge on how June comes out. Obviously we love Lincoln more than words can express, and we would never/could never replace him in our hearts or minds, but a developmentally normal and healthy child will add a sense of normalcy to our family that we currently lack. It would be wonderful to experience everyday worries that are normal to a mother of a toddler; babyproofing for a walker/climber/someone who opens cabinets and drawers, what activities to do during the day to keep a busybody busy, teaching words and numbers and colors, worrying about schedules and naptimes and routines. Most of this stuff we barely deal with at this point with Lincoln. We love every moment we have with Lincoln, and it melts our hearts when he learns something new, but we also hope to God that we will get the oppourtunity to see what a developmentally normal baby does as she learns and grows.
**Fingers crossed**






2 comments:
boooo I liked the pink. but is green considered gender neutral? i guess that would best.
Hang in there! Watch disney movies!
I'm on a message board for parents of micropreemies.
A few weeks ago one of our members, who now has a nearly 1 yo full-term child remarked "man, these termies practically raise themselves."
I could help but chuckle. I bet it seems that way!
Post a Comment