Monday, September 28, 2009

Final CVS Update

The genetics office called this morning. I assumed that they were just returning the call I made on Friday when I was all freaked out that we wouldn't be getting the results for months. Well, I was wrong. He said that he didn't know who I had spoken to at the lab, but that the results were sitting on his desk when he got into work this morning. And...they are negative for Lincoln's mutation of Tuberous Sclerosis Complex! So that means that all of the testing that we can do (almost) show that this little baby is perfectly normal. It doesn't have TSC, and has the right number and pairing of all the other chromosomes!!

Now for the fun part...
We have known the sex of the baby for the past week, but we wanted to wait to share the news until we knew the outcome of the TSC screening. I got the phone call on Friday morning, so I had time to prepare a suprise before Andy got home.



Was red or blue food coloring added to the batter??




Scroll down to see the result!













Wait for it...
















Wait...
















Keep scrolling...
















Just a little more...















Once Andy got home, he cut the cake...




It's pink! We are having a baby GIRL!! 65% of the internet pollers got it right! Good guessers!!

Here is Lincoln enjoying his "little sister" cake.












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! Congratulations!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
RT

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful, news! I'm absolutely thrilled for all of you! Lincoln looks beautiful with his sisters cake smeared all over his face. I know that was the best cake you've ever made! Congratulations!
Your friend,
Mariana

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

I'm so *bleeping* happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brannan04 said...

so glad to hear that all the signs are pointing to a beautiful healthy baby girl...so happy for you!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online