And no, it's not what you think. They called to verify our insurance, so I decided to ask when we should be expecting the results (expecting her to say sometime mid-next week). Well she then told me that lab tests take 21-28 days turn-around time. So then I informed her that the doctor who performed the CVS said that we should be expecting the results within 7-10 days of when they recieved the sample. So she told me to hold on and she would check our paperwork. She then comes back and says that the promise date on the results is NOVEMBER 17th!
I freaked out a little bit, and told her that this was a CVS sample, and that I would be much to pregnant at that point to be very comfortable doing anything with the results one way or the other. She said she understood, and gave me the client service number to call on Monday. Ugh! What a nightmare. I also left a message with the doctor's office that took the CVS sample and told them what the lab had said, and how 2 months was an unacceptable amount of time to wait for these types of results.
We will see what comes of this mess. But if we can't get things sped up, we may just have to wait it out, and accept the fate of this little one regardless of the results. This may end up being a gamble that is bigger than we ever anticipated. I really don't know if our family could handle having another child with TSC, especially if it as serious or more serious than Lincoln's TSC. It might just break us.
07/26/26
13 hours ago






1 comment:
Damn! Keep the pressure on! I find that a little bit of anthrax in the mail gets people's attention pretty quick...
<3
RT
Post a Comment