We had a very successful VBAC induction today & Cora Josephine Blatchford arrived at 1:52pm. She is 7lbs 5.5oz & 18.5in long. It is amazing how tiny they are when they are born & how fast they grow. Right now she is such a cute little pixie with tiny little facial features & really long fingers, toes & eyelashes. She has the same hair that Roxy was born with, long & dark. I am thinking that this might fall out & grow back lighter, just like Roxy's did.
The delivery itself went well. My epidural was not nearly as good as my previous epidurals for my other kids. It took most of the contraction pain away early on, but did not numb anything between my legs or my butt. I could even feel the catheter that they have to put in when you get an epidural. So needless to say, I could feel the pain of delivery quite acutely. And when I was completely dilated, it was impossible for me to avoid pushing during each contraction, even though the nurse & doctor where not ready. Because of this I got a little panicky & was not nearly as controlled as I have been during past deliveries.
Andy thought that this delivery was the easiest of them all, because labor was short (around 5hrs), she came out quickly (less than 9 min according to the nurse - about 6-7 pushes) & there was no worry about her health (APGARS were 9/9 & she looked perfect) or visits to the nursery for observations...so in that way this was the best delivery. But on my end, this was the hardest delivery yet. I am so glad that I VBACed though, because my recovery should be much easier than with a c-section.
Cora nursed for about 2.5 hrs off and on after delivery & then passed out for almost 10 hours. We will see how the next feeding session goes, but I don't expect any more long stretches of sleep like that from her anytime soon. ;)
1 comment:
This is Andy. Apparently absent from Tina version of the story is that after a short nap, and lots of fussing... I am doing fine and expect to have a good recovery.
Tina did great and Cora looks perfect.
Love you both.
Post a Comment