We were supposed to go to a neurology appointment today...
Well, my hand-me-down minivan has been quite unpredictable this summer. It usually starts after several attempts, but recently it has had several instances of not starting at all. Well, today was one of those days.
Today was supposed to be my first time taking all four(!) kids out on my own. I had it all planned out & felt well prepared. I was gonna rock that sh!t! ;) It is frustrating to put so much thought & prep work into an aborted outing (you moms out there understand), plus the need to reschedule an appointment is quite annoying for both me & the doctors as well. I have had to reschedule Lincoln's neurology appointment twice this summer due to issues with the van not starting. Grr...
The van has other bugs as well. This whole summer it has been doing this strange thing where it will just stop shifting out of first gear randomly. So I am then driving across town at no more than 40mph and 5000rpm. The car starts to overheat & the a/c fails. So then we are all sweaty & I pray the whole time that we just make it home. We took it in for a tune up & they did not find any issues. We are also sporting a brand new battery which doesn't seem to effect the start-up problem we have been having. Sigh. I am grateful for my parents gift of the van & am so glad to actually own a car that can transport the entire family at once, but I really hate not being able to rely on it.
1 comment:
Ugh! No bueno! I got all 3 kids in the car to take Kason and Emily to school the other day and couldn't find my keys. Finally, I gave up and brought them inside. As soon as we walk in the door, I spot them under the ottoman (where Emily and Noah had put them), got all the kids loaded back up and off to school. I feel your pain (except for the whole car not starting thing). Hope you get your car troubles fixed soon!
Post a Comment