Thursday, July 25, 2013

Road Trip to Oregon Part 3: Enterprise 4

Day 15

Picture Day! Today was the day that Shannon, a professional photographer & friend of Sarah's, traveled all of the way from Hermiston to Enterprise to take family pictures of the whole group. I was so excited to have this done because we really need some good family portraits of us & it would be great to have a group shot as well, especially now while the kids are so young. Of course that makes it a bigger challenge as well. I spent months trying to find the perfect outfits, and even having Cora's ruffle skirt custom made on Etsy. In my opinion they looked great. Unfortunately, as soon as it was picture time, they all started crying. So it made me feel a little dumb, wasting all of that time & money on clothes, when it would end up mattering, because all anyone will likely notice is their crying faces. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I think she might have managed to get some cute ones, but not really any of the poses that I was hoping for. Oh well. We shall see.

Kathy & Jim surprised me with a one-on-one camera lesson with Shannon after we were all done with the picture session. It was awesome! I got to talk camera, exposure, posing, editing, and business strategies. It was a great start to learning to use my camera & showing me that setting up a business is a real possibility. :)

Most of the family let that afternoon, but Joe, Cali, and Andy went back to the lake to do stand up jet skiing. And Sarah, Kathy, Jim & I alternately watched babies & went shopping. It was super fun & I was able to get a few souvenirs in Joseph with Sarah. Andy came home with a pulled hamstring and hobbled around for the next few days, but is pretty much all better now. It still gets aggrivated when he exercises though. Here are a couple of pictures that I snapped as Sarah's kids played chalk in the driveway.




Day 16

Today we were planning on heading to Baker City, but instead decided to hang out & let the kids play together one more day. It was another relaxing day. Jason & Jim went fishing on the Imnaha at 3:30am! Crazy early, but it paid off because Jason caught a 22" Salmon!



After they returned home at lunchtime, we all headed up to the tourist area of the lake. Everyone went on the Go Carts & then we walked down to a cute little shop to get ice cream. It was great & the kids loved it.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online