Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting to Oregon

The day before we left June had her 9mo well-baby check-up. She was 28.25in & 18lbs 10oz (same weight as the previous month). It was 83 degrees in Tucson that day. Lincoln went shirtless, and June & I were in tank tops all day long. It was strange to think that the very next day we would be in weather 40 degrees colder!

The next day we got on the airplane at 11am. Andy got a gate-assist pass so that he could help me get the kids through security. That worked out great!! It would have taken me forever without his help. Lincoln fell asleep while waiting for the airplane & actually slept until we almost landed in San Diego. I had a hurcules move picking him up from the stroller at the bottom of the boarding ramp while he was dead asleep, with my 23 week pregnant belly, June strapped to my chest, a stuffed backpack on my back and a pillow in my other arm. It was actually kinda scary, once I was down in the squat, my legs said "Nope, not gonna stand back up!", and I was like "Hell yes you are! I am not falling on my ass with my kids in my arms!" And I did it, but I did have to groan a little bit, kinda like those professional tennis players & their grunts. The guy behind me in line even said "Wow". I probably looked a little ridiculous, and my legs were sore for days afterwards, lol. After Lincoln's feet kicked the first several rows of passengers a stewardess asked me if I needed any help. I said yep, and let her carry my sleeping Lincoln to his seat. Once we were settled we were good to go for our 5 hour journey with 2 stops.

As I already said, Lincoln slept the first leg of the journey to San Diego. June fell asleep, after much encouragement during the second leg of te journey to Sacremento. And then Lincoln fell asleep on the final leg of our journey to Portland. All in all it went well. There were no huge screaming fits, and we had plenty of toys, snacks and bottles to keep everyone happy for the duration. And were no poopy diapers while in flight, thank goodness! The hardest part was keeping Lincoln in his seat instead of climbing on my lap while June was sleeping in her baby carrier on my chest. I really needed her to get some rest or she would have been a mess! Lincoln did not appreciate this, but we survived and I managed to keep her asleep for almost an hour.

We went out to eat with my Grandma in POrtland that night, and the kids did wonderfully! I have nver had such a good experience with both of them in a restaurant before! I think they must have been showing off for my family! However, they were so wired by the late dinner, and th enew surroundings in Salem at my parents home, that they did not go to sleep that night until well after midnight! June's latest night ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

daaaaamn! i always admire women traveling with kids by themselves and how the handle it. glad the traveling went well - and well done on the power squat!

And I LOVE june's christmas dress!

RT

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online