Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Like a broken record

Well, for my cervix at least. Today was my 29 week OB appointment. We started off by checking on June's growth to make sure that our dates are still accurate and that her size is what it should be. She was measuring ahead by several days with her arms and legs, her head was right on schedule, and her body was a little behind, but still totally normal. She tipped the scales at 2lbs 14oz. She is almost a 3 pounder already! So this is all good news! Dr. B got a look at her profile, and asked us who had the big nose... Ugh oh! Is she blessed with a big nose like many members of both of our families?? He he. Well, I am sure that she will still be the most beautious little girl to us and our families, no matter how she actually looks. ;)

Unfortunately, she is still sitting breech, which is no suprise based on where I am getting kicked all of the time. She has been in this position for the past several months, just like Lincoln was. I hope that she follows suit and flips in time for a vaginal delivery...

Now for the more worrisome news. My cervical check. My cervix was measuring at 2.3cm-2.8cm depending on the angle, and also appeared to have some slight funneling. I am not nearly as freaked out as I was with Lincoln at this same exact point in his pregnancy. But we are all being very cautious again. None of us want to see a 29-32 weeker. So, I will be getting the steroid shots tomorrow and the next day to help her lungs mature in case she does arrive early. Plus, I will be seeing my OB weekly for cervical checks, and will be getting twice weekly non-stress tests to monitor my contractions. The NSTs are something new to me as we didn't do those with Lincoln. I know I get quite a few contractions on a daily basis, but it will be interesting to see how many contractions I am having that I am not feeling.

Honestly, I am not particularly worried that June will be joining us before mid-Feb at the earliest (I hope I didn't just jinx us), but it never hurts to be cautious, just in case. This same exact thing happened with Lincoln and he was delivered at 37wks 5days and at a very healthy size/weight. My Dr. did say that this could just be something completely normal for my body, but again, because of what we have been through, she wants to do all we can to keep from adding a preemie into the mix.

The thing I am most worried about is scheduling and taking Lincoln to all of these appointments. I just went from one OB appt once a month, to 3 appointments per week! Plus Lincoln's specialist dr. appts are all coming up, and his weekly/bi-weekly therapies. Plus all of the time it takes to feed him, and all of the sleep he needs due to his seizures... Yay, mommydom! I guess I am getting a sneak peak at what it really means to be a soccer mom!

Anyway, despite the slight scare my cervix is providing us with (again). Like a broken record, I hope that the end of this pregnancy goes as smoothly as the end of Lincoln's did. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief!!! Cross those legs and hang from the ceiling, don't let gravity pull her out of there. ;)

Good luck mama!

The Ottingers said...

Hoping it really is like a broken record and June stays put a while longer!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online