Thursday, January 7, 2010

28 weeks

I am 28 weeks pregnant. Full-term is considered anywhere from 37 weeks to 42 weeks, even though the average pregnancy is 40 weeks long. June's estimated due date is based on the average 40 week pregnancy, and is set for March 31st. Lincoln's due date was August 4th, and he arrived on July 19th, two and a half weeks early. So, I am kinda expecting for June to repeat her brother's performance and arrive a couple of weeks early as well, sometime mid-March. I do know that I will not go more than a couple of days past 40 weeks at most. My doctor, and I, are not comfortable with the increased risks associated with a pregnancy that continues past the 40 week mark. So all of that being said, and assuming there are no complications, I am very much expecting June to be coming in March.

Now for the belly pics.

Here I am a month ago, at 24 weeks pregnant.







And here I am today & last night, at 28 weeks pregnant.





I am already starting to get anxious for my 29 week appointment next Wednesday. It will have been 7 weeks since my last dr. appt. We will be having a growth ultrasound and a cervical length check. I am hoping to get a clean & normal bill of health for both of us...but who knows what curveballs are still left in store for this pregnancy. Afterall, we still have at least 9 weeks to go until she is considered "full-term".

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online