Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

We arrived back in Tucson at 730 last night. The trip was a lot of fun. I think that Lincoln enjoyed his visit to the Oregon Coast Aquarium the best out of all of our many adventures. Unfortuately, both Andy and I forgot the camera, so we have no pictures of our own from the last 3 weeks. :( Hopefully some of our family will send us some of the ones they took.

All in all it was a great trip. Lincoln had some difficulty adjusting to the different beds, and all of the new faces, so he was even more clingy than usual. But Andy and I did manage to get some time away from him on our last night in Salem. We loved seeing and visiting with all of our family and friends, but it sure is nice to be home after such and extended time away. Lincoln was so excited that he didn't go to sleep until 2am, but he slept in until 1030! Poor Andy wasn't so lucky and had to go to work this morning at 7am. I bet he is dog tired right now...

Spending time away from home, and then coming back, I have been feeling some major nesting urges. Maybe because now that it is 2010, and I am in the 3rd trimester, and the fact of baby June coming is becoming much more real, it makes me feel that time to prepare for her is running out! So, my plan is to go through our house room by room throwing out junk, reorganizing, and cleaning. Strangely enough, I am really looking forward to it.

Anyways, next week is a big week for us. We will be doing another weekly weigh-in on Monday evening, and this will mark the weight changes that have occured over the past month. I am not expecting much because we had a really hard time keeping up with the high calorie diet while on vacation and traveling. Additionally, we will be having a growth ultrasound and cervical check on Wednesday for me and baby June to make sure that everything is going as should be. At this same time during Lincoln's pregnancy we had a scare as my cervix shortened dramatically. But in the end, we kept him in until he was full-term without any official bedrest being required. I hope that things will go the same or even better with baby June.

That's all for now! We had fun, but we are glad to be back! And we are looking forward to the next few eventful months ahead. Happy New Years everyone and welcome to 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! So glad to hear your all had a great time. I've got a little something to ship you, but I'm still collecting hehe.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online