Lincoln and I were lucky enough to get the vaccine at his pedi's office on Oct. 23, or so I thought...
Andy has been very very sick with a flu this past weekend and Monday. This evening he was still running a low grade fever, so will not be going to work tomorrow either. After doing a little internet research this evening on the CDC's website, apparently if you have flu-symptoms as of September, it is 99% likely that you have H1N1. After Andy texted his boss to let him know he thinks he has the "swine flu" he found out that someone who sits one cube over at his office is also home with the swine flu.
Now, this wouldn't be a huge deal, but yesterday and moreso today, Lincoln and I have both developed a sore throat and cough, which has gotten worse throughout the day. Again, this wouldn't be a huge deal...except Lincoln and I are both in the high risk categories. Lincoln is high risk for two reasons; because he is under 2 years old, and has a diagnosed neurological condition and epilepsy. I am high risk because I am pregnant. So now, let the worrying begin...
Tomorrow I will be making a call to both the pedi and OB to see if they want us to get tested for H1N1, or treated with Tamiflu. I just hope that Lincoln and Baby Blatchford come through this okay, whatever type of flu it may be.
07/26/26
13 hours ago






1 comment:
Shit! Let's hope it's not really swine flu. I think people are just jumping to that conclusion these days. Please let us know how it's going!
xoxox
Post a Comment