Monday, November 16, 2009

Chinese Gender Chart

So, there are all of these goofy old wives tales, gender prediction quizzes and gender charts to help people with a baby on the way determine whether they are having a boy or a girl. Well most of these tricks and tools have turned out to be bunk. However, this one Chinese Gender Chart (on thebump.com) has been correct on 3/4 of my pregnancies...we aren't sure about the 4th because the miscarriage was too early to find out the gender (although I have a feeling that it was right that time as well). So here is the chart...


Pregnancy #1: conceived in May when I was 26...chart result: boy...actual sex: boy!
Pregnancy #2: conceived in November when I was 27...chart result: boy...actual sex: boy (Lincoln)!
Pregnancy #3: conceived in April when I was 28...chart result: girl...actual sex: unknown (both Andy and I thought it was a girl).
Pregnancy #4: conceived in July when I was 28...chart result: girl...actual sex: girl (June)!


How cool is that? I guess I should try to plan out my future pregnancies based on this chart! ...just kidding! ;)


So, for all of you who are pregnant or already have children...was the chart correct? Take your age when you conceived on the left, and match that with the month in which conception occurred across the top. Let me know in the comments how it worked for you!

FYI: Pink = Girl, Blue = Boy


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's correct for me!

847christine said...

Yep, it was right for me w/Evie. :)

brannan04 said...

i always thought the age on the left was supposed to be your age at delivery not conception...anyway it is correct with Rachel either way, but wrong with Caleb (age at conception)and would have been right (age at delivery) if he was born on or after his due date (our bdays are 2 days apart)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online