Thursday, November 12, 2009

Molars and Illness

These things do not make a good combination.

Yesterday, while Lincoln was cat-napping in my lap, running a fever of 101.5F, and snoring because he was too stuffed up to breathe through his nose, I noticed that he was cutting his first molar on the lower-left side. How miserable this week must be for him...to be teething (with molars no less!) and sick with the flu all at the same time. My poor poor baby. :(

He seems to have come down with the worst sickness he has yet to have in his almost 16 month life. Honestly, he is usually a pretty healthy baby. He has only been sick 2 other times...at 2 months old following his first in-patient hospital visit, and again at 8 months while on the immunosuppressant, ACTH, and a week after my mom had visited and came down with something while here.

I think this illness seems so much worse because before he was mostly still on a liquid diet, so food refusal and vomiting wasn't as big of a deal. For the past 2 days Lincoln has been on a whole milk, jello, pudding and yogurt diet. He can't breathe around anything more solid that these things without choking, and then of course vomiting it all back up. He has managed to keep most of this stuff down, although I just have to say that I am wearing my last pair of clean pants, so we haven't been entirely successful in keeping his food/drink in him either...

I have been pretty lucky so far, and have managed to not really get sick (hopefully that vaccine actually did the trick for me). I had a cough for a couple of days and a bit of a loss of appetite for those days as well. Mostly though, I am feeling fatigue from being on mommy duty day and night since Friday, with little break, and even less sleep.

Hopefully Lincoln is turning the corner now, and will be in much better spirits tomorrow. We will see...

1 comment:

The Ottingers said...

Hoping your little guy feels better soon!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online