Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halfway There!

Today we are exactly halfway to March 31st, 2010 and halfway through this pregnancy (20 out of 40 weeks)! We might be even further than halfway is she decides to show up a few weeks early like her big brother Lincoln did, but we won't know that until she makes her grand entrance! I do know that my OBGYN won't let me go more than a couple of days overdue because the increase in complications make both of us too nervous.

So, to celebrate reaching the halfway point with a (as far as we can tell) healthy baby girl kicking away in my belly, I guess now would be as good a time as any to share her name with all of you. We played the name game about 2 months ago when we learned we were having a girl. But in case something happened to her these past months we have held off sharing the name with very many people because we might have wanted to save the name for another baby girl. However, because I have been thinking of her by name for so long now, I doubt I would be able to name a different baby this same name if something were to happen to this baby girl. And as we approach viability (24 weeks) things are looking better and better for our chances of bringing home a baby girl in about 4 months! Of course...we reserve the right to change our minds up until the name is written on her birth certificate...

Her name will be June.

We haven't agreed on a middle name yet, but the front runner in my mind is Elizabeth.

June Elizabeth Blatchford.

We think it has a nice ring to it. The name itself meets all of our naming criteria...old-fashioned, uncommon, easy to spell and remember, classic, classy, not made-up or weird. No, we did not chose this name to name her after anyone or anything...except the month of June itself. A sunny, warm, happy, joyful, summer month that everyone looks forward to all year long (at least everyone under the age of 18 and living in a non-desert state)! We hope that this is what she will come to mean to us, her extended family and friends, and the rest of the world around her. :)

Hang in there June, we are halfway there, halfway to meeting you face to face!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina,
I love the name!! Glad to hear that everything is going OK. Hang in there!
Love you lots - Mark and Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Well, first of all... AWESOME POST!

Secondly, because I used her name in an earlier post, i want to defend myself by saying her name has been on the time tracking device for some time now, so I thought it was already official...

But now that it is - Go, June, Go!
June June Bo Bune, Banana Fana Fo Fune, Fe Fi Mo Mo Mune. Ju-une.

exes and oooohs
RT

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online