Tuesday, October 13, 2015

She is six months old! (belated)

Here is what I wrote in my photography blog about little Violet turning six months old.

Dear Violet –

You have been LOVING watching your siblings play & just move around you. You are FASCINATED by them. You belly laugh quite frequently now, and they really love to get you going with their silly antics!
You have decided that you now love to be tickled.  You used to just stare at me in confusion when I tried to tickle you.  Remember just a few months ago when I promised you that one day you would think tickles were awesome?  Well that day has come!  As far as tickles go, you have a particular fondness for having your feet & belly raspberried.  The repetition & anticipation is key here. Often you will even giggle before the tickle is given!
But your absolute favorite thing to do is just to laugh along with others – even though you have no idea what is so funny. What a social butterfly you have become!
You moved into your own room and full sized crib mid-month. It was so hard for me to make that step. But after a few nights we all have adjusted well. Although thinking about it gives me a sick sadness in my gut – knowing that I will never again have a little newborn baby sleeping beside me in a bassinet in my room. Such wonderful memories of you & all of your siblings. I shed a little tear when I sold that bassinet. On the same day I also sold the white crib. It was the very first purchase I made for Lincoln – after our 20 week ultrasound that showed a healthy take-home baby.  It made me so so sad to see it go.
You also have grown out of the infant car seat & snap n’ go stroller. As all of these little baby items leave the house. I feel a sense of freedom – getting rid of all of the giant baby contraptions!  But also a terrible feeling of grief and regret. Strange, I know, since I have had more children than most people get to have. But maybe in a way that has made me even more attached to these baby items, and even this period of time in my life? I have been doing this pregnancy/baby thing for almost 8 years.  It is hard letting go now that I can see the end coming.
But at the same time it is so exciting knowing that we are moving on!  And that we are getting to watch all of these wonderful kids grow into adults & see the world through their eyes as they experience it! How amazing is that?!
In a way I am sorry that you are saddled with being the baby of the family. With all of the numerous benefits, there will also be several drawbacks. I have a feeling that no matter how old you get, I will still treat you like a baby. Tell me to knock it off, once you are able. I may or may not listen…

Love Always,

Momma


Momma

Baby-Photographer-TucsonTucson-Best-Baby-PhotographerTucson-Baby-PhotographerBest-Baby-Photographer-TucsonTop-Tucson-Baby-PhotographerBest-Tucson-Baby-PhotographerTucson-Top-Baby-PhotographerTop-Baby-Photographer-Tucson

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online