Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A first for our family

A trip to urgent care on Friday was a new extra special first time experience for our family. ;)

Lincoln had had a splinter in his foot for about 2 months, but it didn't seem to be bugging him or getting worse, so I was just letting his body work it out. However, it started to get tender when touched, and last Wednesday I noticed that it was swollen as well. I decided to take him to urgent care on Friday to get it taken out. I was picturing anesthesia & scalpels, but it was just an injection of lidocaine & a big needle to pick the splinter out. It was a cactus spine about a quarter of an inch long. The physician said that it was not infected (which was my big fear), but that the swelling was caused by the bodily fluids which had surrounded the splinter & were breaking it down. It was basically a big callous over the whole area.



Lincoln isn't showing much sensitivity in the area any more & the swelling has gone down a lot. So I think we are good. :)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online