My little Cora (aka Cora-belle, Bellarina or just Bella) is NINE MONTHS OLD! She is just wonderful. This has got to be one of my favorite baby ages. She can sit on my lap & eat food off of the table. I don't have to worry about her head/body control or her choking on food anymore. She is getting all over the house in that rapid crawl that I love to watch, and can keep up with & play with her sisters most of the time. She is pulling up on everything, but she falls so much less than she used to when she first started pulling up. I do so miss the newborn snuggles and that newborn baby smell (::swoon::), but she has so much personality now and that makes her so much more fun to watch & play with.
She now has 4 teeth and seems to be on a bit of a teething break (yay!). She is eating a lot of finger foods (mostly fruits & carbs), and also yogurt, applesauce & other puree type things. She is getting into the sippy cup and loves to snatch them out of her older siblings' hands (if they let her). I have noticed a significant decline in the number & duration of breast feedings throughout the day. In many ways this is great & quite freeing for me. Sometimes I even get to leave the house 100% sans kids. But I do sometimes miss the closeness and bond of exclusively breastfeeding. I can only imagine how hard it will be when it comes time to wean completely. :(
She seems to have chunked up a bit with the introduction of solids, but we won't have an official weight for some time because her 9mo pedi appt next week was canceled. I will be sure to update when I get the stats.
Here is Cora from a couple of weeks ago. Emptying these drawers is serious business! ;)
10/25/26
15 hours ago






No comments:
Post a Comment