It has been two weeks since we took Lincoln off of his Ketogenic diet. He is doing awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Our biggest fear was that we would see a big increase in the number of daytime seizures. But, so far, we have seen only one seizure during the day time. It was not entirely unusual to see an occasional daytime seizure while he was on the diet either. He also continues to have night time seizures (as he did while still on the diet).
Our second biggest fear was that he would stop eating again & begin to lose weight. So far we have seen no indication that he is avoiding any foods we have fed him. In fact, he seems to love to eat now! :)
I have hesitated to post anything here, or talk about it much to our friends/family, because I have been worried that we would be back on the diet within days. But, like I said, it has now been two weeks. We all couldn't be happier with how things have gone. It is amazing, and so so fun, to watch him eat all the things he had been denied before. Fingers (as always) are crossed that things continue to go well. :)
As an aside, he is also now taking his medication whole, by mouth, without too much effort on our parts or crying on his! Yay!! We are so proud of our little man!
07/26/26
13 hours ago






1 comment:
Yay! I hope he continues to do well!
P.S. Love the snow videos/pics. :)
Post a Comment