On Thursday 12.14.12 Roxy had a speech evaluation. She borderline qualifies for expressive speech therapy. I think that if I were to push for it, then they would provide services in a cost-share manner. But because our budgets are pretty tight right now, I decided to take the wait & see approach & to reassess at age 2. She seems to be coming up with many new words in the past few weeks & that is one of the major reasons I am okay with waiting awhile.
In all other areas she is at or above what she should be doing at her age, so there are no fundamental developmental concerns. We all kind of agree that her expressive speech delay is due primarily to our family dynamic & that June does a lot of her speaking for her. I hear "Roxy wants ... " from June several times a day.
So we will see how much Roxy improves in the next 4 months.
09/07/26
3 days ago






No comments:
Post a Comment