It is funny, but I think her study of "Clubhouse" as she calls the show & all of the characters in it, has actually taught her something, or at least reinforced some of the things we have been talking about with her. She has known & recognized "star", "heart" & "flower" shapes for several months, but was having a difficult time picking up other shapes like "circle", "square", "triangle", and "diamond". Well, a couple of days ago she came up to me, handed me a shape & totally unprompted said "triangle". She was correct & I was surprised! :)
It turns out that she can correctly point to different shapes, but connecting the correct word to the object is what is tripping her up. She can also sometimes correctly identify colors if given several objects and asked to pick the "red" one. However, if we ask her to name the color of an object without any hints or guidance, it is almost always "green", even if the object is not even close to being green. I think that is just the color name that pops into her head first. Lincoln's speech therapist said that it is almost always green or blue that the kids will continuously name first. Interesting.
Regardless, she is absolutely adorable & seems to enjoy learning these new things. Sometimes she even tries to argue with me when I tell her the correct name of the shape or color, she tries to insist that she was right with her guess by repeating her word & getting angry when I repeat the correct word. Such a silly little girl. :)
On a side note; check out those curls in her picture! They look like they used to a year ago, when her hair was much shorter and still baby fine. I guess a combo of several re-wettings, sunshine & spray-on sunscreen. So adorable. I wish they were like that all of the time! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment