Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Potty Process



We have had the potty chair out & available for June to use for the past month or so. She liked to sit on it occasionally, but never really did anything. But that was okay, because originally I wasn't considering even attempting potty training until after we moved into our new house to avoid a potential regression, and so she is a little older with better control of her body.

However, the last night my family was in town visiting, she came running out of the bathroom naked, and very excited. We asked her if she had gone potty & she had! Over the past week she likes taking her diaper off all of the time, but almost always when she has wet in it. She continues to sit on the potty off and on throughout the day, but with little to show for it. I figured that the first time she went was just a fluke & she really wasn't ready yet. But then, tonight I went into her room after bedtime because she was calling for me. She was naked from the waist down & said "potty" as soon as I walked into the room. I assumed that meant she had wet her bed (it wouldn't be the first time). I let her down to change the sheets & told her to go sit on the potty. Success again! So now we are actually considering potty-training.

One major difficulty will be that she does not wake up from nighttime or naptime dry. Plus, she still requires a bottle of milk to fall asleep, and takes at least one more bottle during the night. She is such a tiny thing, and eats like a bird, so I am reluctant to take all of these healthy milk calories & nutrients away from her (which is why I haven't forced her to give up the bottle in favor of the sippy cup either). However, I know this will make potty training very hard. So I am not sure what to do.

Any insight from other parents who have been down this potty training road?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my usual comment.. so fun to see you all, makes me smile, the house looks great, cant wait to see you. Kathy

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online