Monday, March 28, 2011

It is no longer important

how dilated I am each week at my OB appointments. Today's external version failed & Roxy is pretty much stuck in the breech position. We will probably be scheduling the c-section on Thursday to occur sometime next week, unless Roxy sends me into labor before then.

The version itself was pretty darn painful for me. I am still sore and have what looks like an indian burn across the top of my belly where Roxy's head is. The first attempt caused Roxy's heartrate to drop, but it bounced back quickly. The next 3 attempts she handled fine, but came right back to the position she was about hafway through the maneuver. So something was hanging her up. Our thoughts where that the position of the plancenta was getting in the way of her butt as she was rolled. Oh well.

Honestly, I am pretty dissapointed that I will not be having this baby the natural way. With my other two the experience was just so amazing & wonderful. But I keep telling myself that this is what is best for Roxy's helth & well-being. And many many women have their children this way and do just fine. So there is no reason to believe that it will be any different/worse for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bugger! Looks like Roxy is already turning into your rebel child...

You're gonna do great - Baby #3!!

Jamie O said...

I was checking all day yesterday for an update. I'm sooo sorry she didn't turn for you. I hope all goes well with the c-section and you recover quickly! Can't wait to hear the news that she has arrived!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online