Your boughs are green in summer's clime
And through the snows of wintertime.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
How lovely are your branches!
The indoor decorations are up, and we are all thoroughly enjoying them! So far Linc has done very well with the tree, he has touched a little bit, but has never pulled on it or taken any ornaments off (although only about 1/3 of our ornaments are up, just in case). But he loves to look at it, especially in the morning, before the light in the living room is very bright, and in the evening, before the lights get turned on for the night. It makes us happy to see him enjoy the tree. :)
As for the outdoor lights...that is another story. I have been meaning to get out there on the ladder for the past month to switch out the pumpkin lights and put up the Christmas ones. Despite the many weekends that have come and gone since Halloween, the pumpkin lights are still hanging, barely... The wind of the past few days has knocked them mostly down, so I think I will just give them a little tug in the next few days to get them all of the way down. I don't think I will be able to find the time to put up the outdoor lights this year. Something else is always coming up, and since we will be in town for only another 15 days, there hardly seems to be any point in getting my pregnant self up there on the roof to do it...
I will definitely find the time to do it next year...right? After all, I won't be pregnant (I don't think) and Lincoln will be old enough to get really excited by the lights by the time he is 28 months old (I think). So I guess I will pack them away in the garage when I pack the Halloween lights up. Oh well...at least we got the indoor stuff up!






No comments:
Post a Comment