Well, Lincoln is sick again. Of the three times Lincoln has ever run a fever in his life...Andy has managed to be out of town every single time! He has absolutely amazing timing...
Lincoln started with a low-grade fever yesterday. I took him to the pedi, worried about a secondary infection from the H1N1 flu he had ~2 weeks ago. Well, his ears, lungs, and throat all looked perfectly fine. I was told to monitor his fever and symptoms (fussiness, food refusal, diarrhea, vomiting, sleepiness, increased seizure acitivity) and to call back if things got a lot worse or his fever lasts more than 4 days. Well, overnight his fever spiked up to 102.5, the highest I had ever seen it. I fed him some Tylenol and Motrin throughout the night, and he spent most of that time in bed with me. Once he started to cool down quite a bit I put him in his crib and we both caught a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep. This morning he was nice and cool, but his fever started to rise again throughout the day. When he woke up from his afternoon nap he was up to 103.7! This is the highest fever I have ever seen. I gave him more Tylenol and Mortin and we got into a cool shower. Then I let him play naked for awhile until he started to feel cooler. He is still running a fever, but seems better than earlier tonight. I am hoping that he does well tonight, because I am exhausted, and am really hoping that I don't catch/re-catch whatever it is he has this time...
09/07/26
3 days ago






2 comments:
Aw, poor guy. Kason had a bit of a fever over the weekend. The highest it got was 102 and it was gone within a day and a half. Aside from fussiness and fever, he didn't have any other symptoms. I hope Linc's is over just as quickly and you stay healthy!
Poor Lincster. Ugh. I hope it breaks soon and stays gone!!
Thanks so much for the adorable Teddy!! You are so sweet!
Post a Comment