Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Well we had a happy Halloween here in Tucson. It was 90+ degrees that day, so that warm of a Halloween is always a weird thing for us transplanted northerners. I think that Andy bought about 7 bags of candy, and we gave away only 4 of them...so that leaves 3 bags for us (not that I am complaining)! :)

Linc had his follow-up EEG last Thursday. While we were waiting in the waiting area a nurse came by and said that Linc was so cute. She said that he had "chicken-feather" hair. I am not really sure what that means, although we did learn that all of her children had it as well. Heh. ;)

The EEG itself was painless (no needle sticks or anything), but Linc has turned into a little cry-baby recently, so he let everyone know how much he didn't want his head messed with (no matter how many times his momma said that everything was going to be okay). But we survived. He even fell asleep during it this time!

We got the call today about the results. Dr. T said that the EEG looked a lot better. He said that the Infantile Spasms are gone (yay!), and the focal seizures that he was having are improved. The EEG did show that he had one seizure in the left side of his brain while we were there. So today Andy picked up another drug called Keppra that we will be giving Linc in addition to continuing the Sabril that he is already on. We are no longer giving him the Valproic Acid/Levocarnitine combination, as it seemed pretty unaffective anyway.

I started "back to work" today. Basically that consisted of me emailing the office saying that I was going to do my Health and Safety Hazwoper refresher (which only took about 1.5 hrs), and that I would be visiting tomorrow to get some real work. My "back to work" routine is a part-time-work-from-home, fit-in-as-many-hours-as-I-can-during-baby-naps, depending-on-how-much-work-that-they-give-me, kind of schedule. We will see. At the beginning here, I am hoping to get in 10 hours a week. At the end of the year (or maybe sooner) I will start going into the office on Fridays to get in long 10 hour days, while Andy works 4-10s and stays home on Friday. When this happens I will hope to be getting in about 20 hours a week.

So that is how we are doing these days. And here are some pictures that were taken since the last time I posted.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute! I love the video, he is holding his head up really well just since I saw him a couple of weeks ago. What a kid!

Sarah

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online