Official 4 month picture.
For comparison...
3 months, 2 months, and 1 month.
He has changed quite a bit this past month. He has started to try and sit up, and enjoys sitting supported. He also has gotten a lot more active during tummy time. He has started working with our EIT "Service Coordinator" Jana once a week. Basically it is play time with someone other than mommy or daddy. We have a PT evaluation coming up this Tuesday. I have a feeling that she will say that he is basically on par with his development so far, and that she will only come 1 time a month for therapy if we would like. We will see. There may be some things that I am unaware of where he has some physical development weaknesses.
In other news we went to Linc's 4 month well-baby and immunization appointment with Dr. R. Lincoln is 27" long (98%), 20lbs 8oz (off the charts), and 42cm head circ (50%). Basically pretty good and healthy. The doctor said that I should encourage him to sleep through the night, since he obviously doesn't need the caloric intake. Right now he is pretty consistently waking up 1 time per night around 2-3am. We may have to look into some sleep training methods after Andy's parents leave. From some of the info I have been reading we have gotten into some bad habits of feeding him to sleep, snacking type meals, and cat naps. Oops. Oh well. I am sure that we will get this all figured out at some point.
Because he is doing so well sitting supported and has shown significant interest in grown-up food while Andy and I eat, the doctor okayed us to start Linc on solid foods. He has done very well with his single grain rice cereal these past 3 days. He is never very sure about it, but eats it all up, so he must like it okay at least. So for the next 2 months we will be doing "stage 1" foods, things like rice cereal, barley cereal, wheat cereal, fruits, and veggies. All of these things must be introduced 1 week apart to make sure there are no allergic reactions. This solid food thing is pretty exciting for me. Our little guy is growing up so fast!!
Okay, here is the best part...more pictures!
Andy and I are doing well. We have been busy busy here at home doing some remodeling projects. You know us...we always seem to have a new project going on. We will post pictures after Christmas, as we want the changes to be a surprise to both of our visiting families.
Andy's family is coming tomorrow, as I mentioned earlier. Everyone except Sarah, who is still pregnant last we heard (she is due Nov. 27th, Thanksgiving day). Andy and I have a little bet going as to when she will have her baby. Andy thinks that she will go on her due date, which would be pretty cool to have 2 holiday babies (Danny was born of 4th of July). I think that she will have Jocelyn on Dec 1st (sorry, if you are reading this Sarah). We both think that Sarah's baby will be right around 8lbs.
Andy's family will be staying for the week, and we have some fun acitivities planned. Golfing, 4-wheeling, drinking, eating, relaxing...stay tuned, I am sure there will be more.






















No comments:
Post a Comment