Dear Baby Violet,
You have been eating and growing so well. Sleep, poop, eat, then right back to sleep again. You were about 3 weeks old before we really even saw your eyes much at all. We have had zero concerns for your health (after our Sunday morning ER visit for jaundice when you were 6 days old). Your bilirubin levels turned out to be 19.7, not quite the 21 that would have gotten you readmitted. You were so yellow that the ER nurses were referring to you as "my yellow friend", and agreed that I should have brought you in.
After that you started packing on the pounds, and are up to 11 pounds by the end of your first month. You quickly retired the newborn clothes, and moved on to the 3 month sleepers. I have to say that I was sad to see the itty bitty clothing go, but at the same time entirely too pleased at how well you are growing. My only real concern is that you will lose your gorgeous long dark hair that elicits comments wherever we go. It is very pretty, with frosted tips and several shades of brown mixed to together. From day one your eyes started to turn a lighter blue, so I am pretty sure they will staying blue. Every time I look at you I see a dark haired baby Lincoln, but the jury is out on who you will look the most like as you grow. Chubby cheeks and the sweetest little smiling expression on your face. You are just too sweet, patient & kind to your tired momma. A real dream of a newborn. Thank you for being you...such a sweet surprise, my little chunky monkey!
Love,
Your Momma
Violet's 1 month picture
Violet's Care Bear picture

Comparison Picture with all of her siblings.
Look at Lincoln & Violet's budda bellies!!








No comments:
Post a Comment