Well it looks like it will be the best for Lincoln to stay in his current school at least this next year...if not all of the way through 5th grade. I was really hoping to get him transferred to a school closer to our new house, and went into this meeting thinking that I would be pushing for that.
However, during the IEP meeting the teacher & therapists all demonstrated some excellent & insightful knowledge of Lincoln, plus their school has some of the best facilities & support for severely disabled students. Lincoln seemed to really enjoy seeing them and spent some time snuggled up with each and every one of them during our 1.5hr meeting.
I left their feeling like they all really understand and care about Lincoln and his development and happiness. My only real worry is the length of the bus ride. We will be moving quite a long ways away, so I am hoping that the bus ride does not exceed 1 hour long by too much. Lincoln is a wonderful car/bus rider, but I worry about how this will affect his diet. He is supposed to eat every 4 hours at the latest. If it goes much longer than that he gets quite hungry & cranky. He currently eats at 7am and then again at 11:30. A 4.5 hour spread due to the 30min bus ride on each end. The teacher offered to feed him a meal, but I know how difficult it was for them when they had to do this at the beginning of this current year. That they were willing to try it again gave me a little hope that we will be able to figure something out to make the longer mornings easier on Lincoln.
The last day of school this year is May 18th & first day of school for the next year is August 13th! It is hard to believe that Lincoln is already finishing up his first year of school!? He is such a big boy & I am so proud of him!! :)
1 comment:
Happy to hear that things are going so well for Lincoln at school! Must feel good that his teachers clearly are invested in his development :)
RT
Post a Comment