Wednesday, March 7, 2012

11 Months Old!



Roxy is eleven month old! And other than not walking yet, she no longer acts like a baby. She is running (crawling) around like a mini-June. She definitely lets her voice be heard when she thinks she isn't getting her way (even if it is because one of her older siblings won't let her steal their sippy cup). Silly girl! She is acting like a possessive toddler already. I guess she is learning from the best though.

She is still a mostly sweet & compliant little girl though. She eats very well & drinks milk from a sippy (my only kid who does)! I am so hoping that the bottle to sippy & formula to milk transitions will go smoothly over the next couple of months. Fingers crossed!

She doesn't seem to be much closer to walking than she wasn't last month. Although she will take steps only holding on with only one hand now, so that is an improvement in balance & bravery. But she doesn't seem in any hurry to take steps independently. I am sure within the next few months she will be walking as well. She has started to climb though. She is able to get up into the toddler chair & also managed to climb onto my lap when I was sitting on the couch. She has a hard time figuring out how to get down though & no matter how often I have showed her that she needs to turn around & go feet first, she still trys & sometimes succeeds in getting down head first. I have a feeling that there will be some hard lessons learned before she figures it out though.


Roxy had her first (off the books) dentist visit earlier this month in order to file down her chipped tooth. She screamed through the entire thing. ;) Her tooth kinda looks crooked now, since it is slanted across the bottom, but at least it isn't sharp any more.



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online