The kids, Andy & I were up at the house trying to install the door frame trim pieces. The fit wasn't quite right on the first attempt, so we started to lower the frame back down to the ground. As we were lowering Andy's side got caught up so he couldn't lower it as fast as I was, this ended up twisting the whole thing and the wood on the pieces above our head snapped & the whole upper section fell to the ground. Luckily for us it didn't land on our heads or our children & Andy was struck in the back of his calves but wasn't injured. Unluckily for me, it did catch the back of one of my ankles, resulting in a gooey laceration (as the ER triage nurse proclaimed it). We spent 2.5 hours in the ER during the Superbowl getting it cleaned & stitched back together. I have to have it checked for infection tomorrow night & then go back in 12 days to get the stitches removed. Joy! In the meantime I am supposed to stay off of my feet (or at least not bend my ankle) as much as possible to keep the stitches from pulling through. So I hobble around to house with a peg-leg chasing children -- who are suddenly much faster than I am. They are loving it. Me, not so much! ;)
Pictures below. It isn't
that bad, but don't look if you are squeamish about blood or gore!



1 comment:
wow, that is so nasty. you are the toughest chick i know. i am so jealous of the cool scar thats going to make.
Post a Comment