Week one of single motherhood of a newly-walking-special-needs-two-year old, a princess-of-a-five-month old, and a surprise pregnancy down...one and a half more weeks to go. Sigh.
Lincoln update: His cardiology appt was good. I had to do some baby-juggling and soothing as usual. June doesn't like being ignored in the stroller, Lincoln would much rather be the one being ignored in the stroller. This is great when the appointment is June's, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), most of them are not hers. At some point this week I have to take Lincoln in to get his blood drawn. I am not looking forward to juggling during that visit!
We took Lincoln off of one of his seizure meds for the first time since he started them in January, because we weren't sure t waqs really doing anything. We noticed some interesting effects that have since proven that this med actually does help him. #1 He stopped sleeping through the night. Almost every night he would wake up and spend 1.5-2 hours awake in his room playing. #2 Three weeks after going off of this med...he started having his foot seizure again. This is the seizure that robbed him of his ankle/leg stability around 1yo, and delayed his gross motor development for almost a year. We gained control of this seizure in early April after starting Lamictal. Little did we know that it was actually the combination of the Lamictal and Banzel that were giving us control. I started him back on the Banzel the first day I saw the foot seizure. So far I have only noticed it one other time since then (it has been 3 days so far). I am hoping that we will regain control of this seizure before it does any serious damage to any of the skills he has picked up since April...including his walking.
June Update: As I said June is a little princess. She has recently started refusing her bottle. The only time she will drink from it is if she is really really sleepy. Unfortunately this has caused her to start waking more often at night to keep up her intake...and I have also noticed a marked slow in her weight gain. She only gained 1lb from 4-5 months, and has only gained 5oz in the 2 weeks following that. I have started to feed her high fat yogurt mixed with oatmeal and increasing the calorie content of her formula to combat her finicky behavior. My thought is that she is going through a phase where she is so so interested in everything going on around her that she doesn't want to take the time to eat...and if I do happen to get her to settle enough for a bottle she will only drink a few ounces before the squirming & fussing starts. I am planning on asking the pedi for some advice on this at her 6mo check-up in case this is something more like silent reflux or allergies instead of a behavior issue.
Baby Surprise Update: As you all know, we saw a heartbeat last Monday. Since then I have had 3 days of light bleeding (Fri-Sun) which has made me pretty nervous about the status of baby #3. I had some sort of bleeding with both Lincoln and June at different points during their pregnancies...I am hoping that this scare with baby #3 will amount to nothing substantial. I figure if it gets too bad, I will call my OB and head in for another check-up. Until then, I will be assuming the best...
Mommy Update: I am tired. I am bored. I wish fall would get here, so we could go outside without baking. One thing that has been nice is that I have been putting the kids down for bed around 8pm every night since Andy left. This is the first hint of an actual working schedule that we have ever had in this household since kids have been introduced. Even though they don't always go to sleep right away, they are in bed, and I am hoping that even once Andy returns, we can keep this schedule going. It is so nice to have a few hours of my own after they are in bed. I haven't had anything like that for the past several years!!!
07/26/26
13 hours ago






1 comment:
Great update! Interesting news about Lincoln's meds and the way they do and don't work. June - what a diva!
Sorry to hear you're bored, though. :( Cruise is right around the corner!
RT
Post a Comment