This past weekend we headed from Tucson, AZ to Carlsbad Caverns National Park, NM. It was about an 8 hour drive without any long stops...but we goofed around on the way out of Arizona, so it took us about an hour longer than it should have to get there! Lincoln did great on the car drive again, and slept most of the way there. We spent Friday driving to the park, Saturday we (Jamie, Jennifer, Mom, Andy & I) went on a lantern tour in left-hand tunnel. It was interesting, but I doubt I would do it again. I was glad that it was only $7/person. Well worth that amount of money. Later that afternoon we went into the main cavern on the self-guided tour. It was free-admittance weekend, so the main caverns entrance was free. We went down the "natural" entrance walk. It is so awe inspiring! See pictures below of our Saturday afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment