I have now been out to Chimney Rock three weekends in a row. Last weekend I went with some guys from work. 2 old Land Cruisers, 1 newer Land Cruiser and 2 Jeeps. It was cool because the other Jeep owner was a real Jeep guy and showed us some good spots to go. Chuck is in the blue Land Cruiser and his bumpers were low so he just rammed the rock with enough speed to get his tires up it.

Today I took Tina to the same places and made her squeal a little. I think Linc had a good time.


Oh man. Yesterday we took some sort of child birth class and it was such a waste of time. It was funny at times because Tina had to do practice breathing. About the fourth 'who who he' she pretty much agreed that we wasted a Saturday. Maybe I'm just an idoit, but I don't think a couple of 'who who he's are going to help much. The one upside was that a doctor came by to talk for a few minutes. There was a night and day difference between him and the nurse that was teaching the class. He spoke in complete sentences, didn't tell stories about himself, and gave an aura of complete competence. Tina and I just wanted him to hang out and tell us what he knows. Sort of makes me wish I were a doctor... so .. I could spend Saturdays working?
I cooked a Brisket on the Traeger today. I smeared olive oil and Apricot BBQ sauce on it and cooked it on medium for 45 minutes. It was almost aweful. It was dry and sweet and barely edible. I though if I smoked it some more it would somehow get better. I was wrong. It just got worse. Next time I'm going to try a marinate. I'm determine to make a good brisket someday.






No comments:
Post a Comment