Monday, March 17, 2014

My biggest little girl is four!

Today is June's 4th birthday!  We are having cupcakes after dinner tonight, and then we will have a cake at the birthday party this weekend.  I still haven't decided if June should open her presents today or wait to open her presents with Roxy this weekend.  Not sure yet.  Andy isn't a big fan of waiting on presents, so I imagine it will be happening tonight.  Grandma Deb & Grandpa Chris are arriving tonight, so we will be eating the cupcakes I made today!  Yummy!!



Dear June,

Junie - spoonie - pantaloonie, as goofy as my rhyming nickname is for you, at times you are even goofier.  You do the most outrageous things that have your dad & I in stiches over your antics.  You remain the spunkiest, silliest, and most determined little one in the house.  Unfortunately, you have picked up some nasty habits from pre-school this year, but they were bound to come at some point.  Back-talking, yelling, lying, and sneaking are some of these things.  But I have heard that age three is just full of this fun stuff.  Regardless, your inventiveness in getting what you want, despite what we say, is keeping us on our toes everyday.  It is pretty fun and funny, but also frustrating, and we are continually amazed at how clever you have become.

Luckily, your third year also brought a sweetness toward your sisters that you hadn't displayed previously.  One that also comes with maturity.  You continuously share your toys and include them in your games, and that makes for a much more harmonious home-life for everyone.  There are still the occasional dust-ups over toys/games/food/spaces/dishware/crayons/paper/books/blankets/animals/swings/water/clothes/needigoon? but things have gotten so much better compared to last year.

You have learned so much so quickly.  And you remember everything that you hear said & are more than willing to repeat what you have heard to anyone & everyone who will listen.  Your favorite phrase to begin you kernels of insight into this world is "Well, teacher/mommy/daddy says .... ".  It is so adorable, even if half of the time you are making it all up.  ;)  You know and understand more about the world than I ever thought a four year old could.  You are constantly striving to learn and improve yourself.  Your teacher says that you are easily the hardest working kid in her class, made up (until this day) of 3, 4, and 5, year olds -- now only 4 & 5 year olds since you are the youngest in your class. 

Your fascination with the world around you, your adventurous spirit, your constant smile, and your relentless energy, capture the hearts of everyone you meet.  As your Grandpa Chris said on his first meeting of you; you are a gem.  It is so true, to all of us you are a gem of priceless value, and we are so blessed to have you in our lives.  I cannot wait to see what you do with this world before you. 

I will love you always and forever my baby girl!

Love,
Your mommy  






No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online