Thursday, August 1, 2013

Missed Milestones Catch Up Post

So there have been several milestones that I haven't mentioned on the blog yet, since we were on vacation & then I was sharing that vacation for the past few weeks.

1) Now that Cora is almost 11 months old, I thought I better mention that she turned 10 months old & share those pictures. She is probably my least cooperative baby when it comes to posing for pictures. She just has to move move move all of the time. These photos were the best that I could get of miss wiggle pants! Of course Junie had to be in on the action too.



Cora is still a sweetheart, but not nearly as patient as she used to be. She spends a lot of her time trailing after her sisters trying to play their big girl games. Usually she is right in the mix with them, but she will break off her play & come find me when she needs reassurance, comfort, or food. She is a big climber and can easily get herself into some sticky situations. She is a super-fast crawler, both on her knees and in bear form. She will stand & pivot in place easily, she is attempting steps, but only makes it about 2 or 3 before losing her balance. I think she will be full on walking within two weeks.

She is into mimicking actions, expressions & sounds. Among other things, she smacks her lips, does raspberries, and claps when we do. She says "Ma-Ma" consistently when referring to me. She eats solids very well & is still breast feeding about 5-6 times a day. She wakes at once at night (around midnight) & in the early morning as well (around 6am). She now has 4 top teeth & 2 bottom teeth and seems to be working on some more on the bottom.


2) Lincoln turned 5 years old! He is such a sweetheart. And this year since the diet was over we were able to do a real birthday celebration. We did ice cream bars instead of cake this year. Everyone loved it!




3) Andy & I had a 10 year anniversary! I know I mentioned the gifts we exchanged before our vacation, but Andy brought home flowers from work anyway. What a sweetheart!




4) Lincoln started Kindergarten today! I can't believe that he is 5 year old and already going to full day school. I am going to miss having him at home. I am not sure how he is going to handle not taking mid-afternoon naps at least some days, especially with a wake-up time of 6:45am. He gets on the school bus at 7:15am & doesn't get home again until 4pm. I signed him up for the school breakfast & lunch because he is such a big eater these days. I hope that he enjoys school & adjusts to the new schedule quickly.




5) June started Preschool today! It goes from 8-11am. She played outside, colored a cubby name tag, sang songs, and played play dough. She said that she likes her teachers & she likes her classmates too. She was pretty nervous before we got there, but she started playing right away. I am pretty sure that she loved it.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online