Each day she is a new little person, always observing and reaching and learning new things. She is quite the talker and carries on conversations with anyone who will listen, and if there is no one around, then she talks to herself. She is still the sweetest little baby, and is by far the most patient of the three of them. This is a blessing beyond measure when the other kiddos are needing things done right away. I am so so happy that she is a part of our family. She is my sweet little angel of a baby girl.
June is such a delight right now. I am so excited to see what Roxy is like in a year when she is the age June is now. Other than being a sweet quiet patient baby, I am noticing other differences between the two girls. ;) Roxy is a bit of a lazy thing. I guess that goes with her laid-back disposition. She is just learning to sit, but is no where near crawling yet. Both Lincoln and June were sitting well at 5-6 months old. And June was already on the move crawling at 6 months old. June was always so so driven to get moving, she was, and still is, in constant motion. Roxy doesn't seem to share this compulsion, and is quite content to spend long periods of time snuggled up with mommy or daddy on the couch (which when I can spare a moment is a really nice change of pace, and I love it).
I know Roxy will get moving soon enough. She does very well on her tummy and can go for over an hour on the floor. She pivots well and scoots a bit to reach toys. She is very long, so it may be more difficult for her to get her legs under her, and she has yet to show any inclination to do this. She has gotten up off of her elbows several times, so I am sure the rest will follow within the next couple of months. She really loves her jumping horse, just as all my non-mobile kids have at that stage. She can spend a long time in there, and has actually fallen asleep several times.
She is sleeping through the night now that she has her own space in our master bathroom. The excellent sleep has been well worth the loss of our bathroom, that is for sure!! She also has been enjoying her solid foods these past few weeks. She is getting one meal a day of fruit or veggie purees, and she can eat a whole container of stage 1 foods in a sitting. She doesn't seem to dislike any of them so far, but really gobbles up the pears, apples, and bananas. I gave her her first puff today, and she did not enjoy that at all! She pursed her lips out and would not let me give her another one after the first. June came along and helped herself to the rest of the puffs on the tray. I thought that was hilarious. I am sure that someday they will be fighting over those things!
Roxy is really really good with her hands, and with manipulating toys. She can pick up tiny pieces of paper off of the rug to put in her mouth already. Great. But it is really neat to watch her figure things out when looks so closely at them studying them. Maybe she will be our little scientist? Whatever she ends up being, I hope she grows up to be a nice person, who leads a happy life. I wish that for all of my kids. :)
The past six months!
Starting with some of my favorite newborn pictures of Roxy in the hospital.

One Month Old:

Two Months Old:

Three Months Old:

Four Months Old:

Five Months Old:

Six Months Old:






1 comment:
so fun to see the kids! Thank you so much for putting the pictures on and writing. They are all so cute!
Kathy
Post a Comment