So today I registered Lincoln for school. It was a bit of a disaster because it was hot, crowded, unorgnaized, and took much longer than I thought. The girls were both melting down by the end.
The school was so old that our double stroller wouldn't fit through some of the doorways -- which means that a wheelchair would not fit either. Hmm...I wonder if they are ADA compliant?
As I said before the school is in a not so nice neighborhood and pulls from a lower income district of town. When I was there I think I was the only Caucasian mommy around. Oh well. It seemed that everyone was speaking English as their primary language at least, so that was good. And Lincoln's teacher Miss Marcia Fischer was very very nice, as was the principal, Julie McIntyre.
I was interested to learn that there will only be 5 students in Lincoln's class when he starts on August 22nd, with 2 aides and a teacher, as well as therapists coming in and out of the classroom throughout the week. So that will be awesome for him to get so much focused attention. They will continue to add students, up to 10 total, throughout the year as other kiddos turn 3 years old and transition to the school district.
I am pretty nervous about all of this. I know it will be so good for him, but in some ways I am sad to see him headed off to school. It seems like he was just a baby yesterday. I can't believe that he is 3 years old and starting to school already!
07/26/26
13 hours ago






1 comment:
That's exciting! What a great experience for Linc! That's pretty awesome! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment