Friday, June 24, 2011

School Placement

It is official, Lincoln is going to be a Meyer's Mustang!
http://edweb.tusd.k12.az.us/myersganoung/

Honestly, I am a little dissapointed in this placement, because the school itself is not in a great neighborhood and doesn't have a good report card. However, the therapists who did Lincoln's evaluation assure me that this program will be the best for him because he will be with a smaller group of kids so he will get more individualized attention. Plus, there are less stairs and ramps for him to negotiate, and there is a therapy room with a swing and exercise balls (which he loves). So, I am trying to tell myself that even though the neighborhood isn't great, and the school doesn't rank very high...this is just a special needs preschool which doesn't really factor in the the ratings & rankings, and the kids will be well protected in this environment. Additionally, I will be meeting with the teacher in early August, and visiting the class several times after Lincoln starts school, and sending my personal spy (service coordinator) to observe as well. Hopefully the evaluators are right, and this is a good fit. If not, we will be trying to get him into a different programs asap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

June = Hilarity. I LOVE the picture of just her little butt; sums it all up! Great pictures!

RT

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online