She still has very few words (that are understandable anyway), but I swear she understands almost everything you say, tell her to do, or ask her about. She points at everything and wants you to tell her about it. Mostly she grunts and whines to communicate her wants, but I have a feeling that very soon she will be talking up a storm.
She is not a huge fan of Roxy. She likes to look at her occasionally. Sometimes she is sweet and 'kisses' her (this consists of putting her head up against Roxy's). She really likes to poke, hit, kick, and shake her in her swing (and get told "no" and "be gentle" repeatedly). June screams at me when I pick up Roxy or play with Roxy. I often find both of them in my lap, when I only wanted one. It is a constant battle of wills, her and I. And the days often end with me being fed up with her, and her whining from dinner until bedtime. She has earned another nickname...'Pest', and she lives up to both 'Pest' and 'Princess' on a daily basis. I know that she is just adjusting, but man, I hope she gets over it quickly. I am getting worn pretty thin, and my patience for her trouble-making isn't what it was a few months ago.
I know she is just testing me and her boundaries, and I need to get used to it, because she will be doing it for the next 15 years or so. But I think the constant whining is directly related to Roxy and the changes in our family dynamics. This is something that she will need to get used to, and she will with time.
I still love her more than I can say, pestiness and all! And she has her moments where she is just irresistably charming and sweet, and everyone who meets her falls in love with her personality. She is my little pesky princess. ;)
Here are some pictures of our June-bug the past couple of months, starting with her birthday party. :)
























No comments:
Post a Comment