Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sewing Project

I don't tink I have showed you guys my sewing projects yet. My sewing macine has been living on our dining room table since Thanksgiving. My first project was sewing these crib bumpers. The fabric was bought with gender neutrality in mind. After we found out that baby #3 is a girl I gave these bumpers to June & and am going to move her original crib set to Roxy's crib.

Check out my handy-work! I am pretty pleased with them. If you look for them, you can see ample mistakes, but from a distance I think they look pretty nice, and will work out perfectly fine.






My next sewing project is a rag quit for June. I have been up to my eyeballs in fabric and quilt squares since getting home from Christmas vacation. Today I just finally finished sewing the last quilt squares together & have pinned all of the rows. I am hoping to have the whole thing finished by her birthday in March (twin+ sized quilt), along with a couple crib-friendly versions from the extra fabric for both girls to use.

I am surprised how hard it can be to sew a straight line sometimes, and am very glad that rag quilts are quite forgiving (hopefully forgiving enough). I am looking forward to showing off the finished product here though!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online