June is now 14lbs 14oz and 25" long.
Lincoln is now 32lbs and 37.5" long.
They both received vaccinations, 2 for Lincoln and 4 for June.
Lincoln was a trooper, but he has a lot of experience with doctors by now, so that might have something to do with it. He only cried a little after his shots and then settled right down. His next round of vaccines ins't until he is 4 years old. And we don't need to take him back to the pedi until he is 3 years old!
June on the other hand was a little fussy pants. She started off okay with the nurse, but by the time the doctor finally got into the exam room, she was very tired of being there. She wouldn't let me put her down at all. Then the nurse came back in to give her vaccines. The first was an oral one, and despite her being very hungry at this point, she would not swallow it, and started really crying. Then the 3 shots came next, and she started crying so hard I thought that her little head was going to pop right off! I am certain that everyone in the doctor's office and the parking lot outside could hear her cries. Other than all of this, the doctor said that she looks great. She is strong and healthy, and her head shape is returning to normal. SHe isn't rolling yet, but the doctor is not concerned. He says that since my babies all have budda bellies at this age, that he doesn't really expect them to start rolling until 5-6 months. We were given the green light to start solids. The pedi is hopeful that this will help with her reflux symptoms and also help her sleep a bit longer at night. She still is waking up 2-3 times per night. I am hoping that it doesn't come to this, but I am seriously counting down the days until 6 months when we can do some sleep training. I am one tired momma! She often gets so tired that she absolutely refuses to be soothed, so she just cries and cries. I am hoping that if we do some sleep training that she will learn to self-soothe and be a much better sleeper because of it. Her next pedi appt is in 2 months.
07/26/26
13 hours ago






1 comment:
Yay for good appointments...and, by good appointments, I mean healthy kiddos. :)
Post a Comment